- There is a bank (including ATM), Post Office, sandwich shop and general store located on Curie Avenue, just 0.6 miles (1km) away.
- Tesco & Sainsbury’s supermarkets are located in the nearby town of Didcot - distance 5 miles (8km).
- The nearest chemist is in Didcot, 4 miles (6km) away.
- The Rose & Crown pub is situated on Main Street in the village and offers great, home-cooked food – distance 500m (5 mins walk). There are also a number of other excellent pubs within close proximity including the George & Dragon in Upton, The Horse & Harrow at West Ilsley and The Packhorse at Milton Hill, Steventon.
- Didcot Parkway Station, which has direct links to Oxford (15 mins) & London (47 mins) is 4.5 miles (7km) away. Taxis are available right outside the station.
- The X32 Bus Service runs a regular service to Oxford, Didcot (including Didcot Parkway station) and The Harwell Business Centre. There is a bus stop right outside the accommodation.
- There is a children’s play area and park just 200m (a minute’s walk) from the accommodation. It is situated behind the village church.
- The famous Ridgeway Walk is 1 mile away.
From The Byre it is possible to walk into Oxford City Centre through Hinksey Park. Oxford has a plethora of restaurants, cafés and pubs as well as a vast range of other amenities such as banks, post offices and visitor attractions. Alternatively it is a short car journey into the city. As such it is an ideal base for exploring the historic city of Oxford as well as the local Cotswolds Region. It is also suitable for those wanting slightly longer term stays.