Hawking Apartment – 2 Bedroom Self Catering near Oxford
The Hawking Apartment can best be described as 'quirky'! With its many rooms on various levels this first floor 2 bedroom apartment oozes character! With a generous family bedroom and small but cosy 2nd bedroom 'Hawking' is great for families with slightly older children or guests staying on business. The apartment shares a porch with 'Churchill'.
See the Hawking Apartment:
Take thevirtual tour.
Features of our Self Catering Apartment
- All bed-linen is provided. A travel cot can also be provided free of charge (please enquire).
- The kitchen contains an oven + hob, microwave, washing-machine and fridge-freezer. All crockery & cutlery is supplied. There is also a dining area containing a large dining table + chairs.
- The lounge contains two leather sofas, coffee table, and flat screen digital TV (Freeview TV - 30 free channels). One of the sofas is a futon which can sleep 2 guests if required (extra charges may apply).
- The bathroom contains a bath with overhead power-shower and basin. There is a separate WC next to the bathroom.
- In the hall there is a small desk/office area.
- The apartment is centrally heated throughout with easy temperature control.
- Free WiFi internet access is available.
- There is ample parking monitored by CCTV.
Prices start from just £90 per night – see our rates here.
(Rates quoted are for 2013 only, minimum 2 night stay)
The apartment is located in the Oxfordshire village of Chilton, ¼ mile from the Diamond Light Source (DLS), RAL & the Harwell International Business Centre, with quick links to Oxford and London.
Local places of interest close to Chilton
- Blenheim Palace (Winston Churchill’s birthplace) - 23 miles (37km)
- The Cotswolds - 25 miles (40km)
- Windsor Castle - 38 miles (61km)
- Stonehenge – 52 miles (83km)
- Stratford upon Avon (Shakespeare’s birthplace) - 66 miles (106km)
- Bath – 66 miles (106km)
My stay in Hawking Apartment in Chilton was for four months, from Sept to Dec 2010, when I was in the UK on sabbatical from Australia. The apartment was fully furnished, very spacious and well appointed, and the village of Chilton was picture-postcard perfect with its very own pub just a short walk from the apartment. Handy on a cold winters night! There are many other beautiful Oxfordshire villages nearby, some having featured in British TV series such as Inspector Morse, Lewis, Midsomer Murders etc. Many weekends were spent exploring the surrounds, and walking the abundant public footpaths in the region, including the famous Ridgeway.
Jenny from Brisbane, Australia
For more feedback please see our main Guestbook page.
How to Book an Apartment with Us
Please contact us today to book your stay at the Hawking Apartment by calling us on 0870 080 2980 or through our contact form.